Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bigger is apparently NOT better

  • Food shortages
  • Water shortages
  • Economic bust

Those are just 3 of the crises that we are now going through on this planet. The media only gives glimpses into this problem

http://www.growthbusters.com/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12252

Has anyone seen WALL-E? It's a cartoon movie but that's right where we are headed if we don't change. There are real simple things that we all can do that can lessen the effect AND save us money at the same time. I know some of you liked that saving money statement right?

  • If you're going to the corner store...WALK! We've become so lazy. You get a little exercise and save gas (which has become higher recently)
  • I live in a neighborhood where we have to buy our trash bags. $7.50 for 5 large trash bags or 10 small. I hate spending money! So when I go to the grocery story I get paper bags at the check out. I place my paper in the brown bags and my glass/plastic/steel in a separate container.
  • I can add more but this is the last and I think the most important...STOP HAVING KIDS YOU CAN'T AFFORD!! Case in point... I know someone who doesn't have a job, apartment too small, and her man (hell I don't know what he does) is having a 2nd kid. I mean really, just cause you want to have a baby doesn't mean that you should. This whole country is running out of money and you want taxpayers to carry you? Fuck that give me my money back. We should have an option of whether we should give our hard earned money to people like this. *deep breath*

We need to stop acting like we live in the years after the dinosaur age when there was probably 25 people on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment