Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spiritual Warfare P.1

The great question; When is crazy a true form of mental illness and when is crazy spiritual?
I know many people today don't believe in a God and they certainly don't believe in Satan/Devil. But let me tell you when you've experienced certain things you have no choice but to believe. Case in point... I used to go to church faithfully...the only young woman there saved and devoted to God. There was another young woman there also. She was smart, by the appearance loved God (because you can't know a person's heart) and at the beginning, a very nice person to talk to. One night while at the church's cafe I overheard her and a minister speaking. He warned her to stop going to multiple churches. Warned her that if she continues to church hop and not settle down she's going to pick up a multitude of spirits [that wasn't of God.] She took this warning lightly, laughed and giggled at this idea that she could possibly be overcome by anything other than the power of God. She still continued to church hop, come back to our local church and something about her changed...something about her wasn't right each time she came back for a visit. One night she asked me and my mother if she could spend the night because she had no other place to go. We felt that we were fulfilling our Christian duty by allowing her a place to rest and food to eat. Boy was that a scary night (LoL) She didn't sleep, she said a whole bunch of crazy stuff.. we sure did pray over ourselves that night!




She continued to become worse and worse.. soon she was having outbursts in church, became unkempt, and it became very uncomfortable for me to be around her. To me it felt like her soul was at unrest. After a while we didn't see her anymore. I asked about her but no one knew. One day I was reading the newspaper and she was being charged with kidnapping. I felt so sorry for her. Felt as if I didn't pray enough for her, maybe I could have reached out more.. and she just became such a sad case. Needless to say she's had multiple stays at a mental institution.



I can't begin to tell you how much she has changed. Her violent screams and her psychotic outbursts are frightening. When she sees me she becomes angry, her words become sadistic. And I wonder what is it that I have done to deserve this response from her. We were never friends to begin with just cordial towards one another. Is it the God in me that angers her? Is it the fact that I haven't fallen into the same pit that she has? Or is she just truly nuts and suffer from a true mental illness. But her warning from the minister always rings clear in my ear every time I hear her name or see her. If she never visited other churches and opened herself up to all kinds of spirits that people call "God" would she still be the person she was before she became a prisoner trapped in her own mind. So many questions.. so few answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment