Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is Marriage Over?

I was at home and thinking about the fantasies of marriage. I took a book from the shelf that I had recently read, "If Singleness Is a Gift, What's the Return Policy?" I also pulled my Bible out just to be comforted by some words. Comfort is not what I received however...just more questions. I read Luke 20:34-36 which states,
"And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."


I read the side notes and is states that marriage is to replenish the earth. So (I know you're following my thought pattern here) that unavoidable question popped in my head; "If the purpose of marriage is to replenish the earth and to keep the human race going, WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF MARRIAGE TODAY? There are currently 6.773 billion people running, crawling, having sex, praising a God, doing ridiculous asinine things all over this earth. And if you get married and you're not "replenishing the earth" are you committing fornication?
I know you may think that these are simple questions but this is the argument of homosexuals getting married. I don't care if homosexuals get married, good luck to them 50% of marriages end in divorce in America anyway. I do not believe that they should raise kids together. No matter how flamboyant a man is he cannot teach a child the same things a woman can and no matter how butch a woman acts there are certain things she cannot teach a child.
What some people keep forgetting that we are living in a completely different age. There are a multitude of religious, non-religious, and cultural beliefs clashing. The majority of people in this country are confused and they are being led by people who are out for their own personal agenda. Wake up and have your own opinion, stop living in a fantasy. They want to get married to be happy and get their benefits lol And on the religious tip...straighten out your own heart and get your affairs in order because only you have to answer to God or to whomever/whatever you believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment